Thursday, May 27, 2010

Repeat MRI

I don't really remember much from the last one but Carl told me that I couldn't stay still so they had to have an anesthesiologist sedate me. But this time around I did pretty well; they put a pillow under my legs which put me at just enough of an angle to relieve the pressure off of my back. I'm not claustrophobic so I didn't have an issue with that. They said that it gets really loud during the test so they gave me earplugs, but they were totally useless. I was totally unprepared for all the vibrating and sirens; it felt like there was a jackhammer on my head. But other than that the only real issue I had was when they put the contrast in my IV for the second part of the test. No sooner than they had pushed me back into the machine I started feeling nauseous so they had to stop the test and let me recover.

Sadly I've been unable to nurse Nathan. I was told that I'd have to wait 48 hours after my MRI as a result of the contrast. We're both counting down the hours until we can resume our quality bonding time.

1 comment:

  1. wow...well good thing that is now over and hopefully you dont have to do anymore. i remember when i had my mri, the noise was unbearing....im not claustrophobic either but i think the test alone puts you in an uneasy state of mind.

    ok so i guess the waiting period begins. keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete