Monday, September 1, 2014

The Day/Night Before School

With J starting kindergarten this year I started searching Pinterest for back to school picture ideas and traditions.  I knew I wanted to incorporate signs indicating which grade they were in but I got a great idea from one of the blogs I follow to take pictures at the boys' school the day before with some books.  Makes total sense to avoid all the chaos at the school the first day.  Plus the the boys school just implemented new security measures this school year which doesn't allow parents to enter the building with their kids so I wouldn't be able to walk J to his classroom and take pictures.  

I also bought The Night Before Kindergarten/Preschool to read to them at bedtime.  They're both excited for school to start, although J keeps asking for Ms. Lisa.  It shouldn't take long for him to become comfortable with his new teacher and para pros.  The nice thing is his good buddy Landen from Ms. Lisa's class is in J's classroom.  And the kindergarten special ed class does some things with the ECSE class so he'll get to see Ms. Lisa, Ms. Ann and Ms. Mollie.  













No comments:

Post a Comment