Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blissfully Unaware

So a few weeks ago a family friend met Nathan for the first time. Well my dad just brought it to my attention earlier this week that she had a concern about the coloring of Nathan's eyes. Apparently someone in her family had that same coloring and had some type of bone condition but she couldn't tell me much about it so I did some research. My dad kept asking if I noticed anything unusual about Nathan's eyes, which I haven't. Of course after hearing that I stared at his eyes for hours/days on end and at one point I thought I saw something, but I wasn't sure if I was seeing something because someone had said something or if it was because it was really there. Carlene hadn't noticed anything but Carl thought he may have noticed something so just to be on the safe side I called Dr. Hirsch. She said that the bluish/gray coloring in the white of the eye is not that uncommon in newborns. And since Nathan hasn't had any other symptoms/issues (i.e. fractures) she didn't see the need for him to undergo any extensive diagnostic testing. Of course she'll monitor him and keep an eye out for it, but I shouldn't worry too much about it. And although I totally trust and respect Dr. Hirsch I can't help but worry; but I'd much rather be blissfully unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment