Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Nathan

I get that you love Cheerios and yogurt but a growing boy needs to eat some meat, vegetables, and fruit.  Don't get me wrong, your efforts when it comes to eating breakfast haven't gone unnoticed.  I love that you're now eating breakfast bars and toast and I was ecstatic when you willingly ate half a waffle for breakfast Saturday and then a whole pancake on Sunday.  But those foods aren't too far from your food MO; you know you love snack and bread based foods.  So I REALLY need you to be more open minded to trying new foods.  Macaroni and cheese, spaghettios, cream of broccoli soup, chicken nuggets, meatballs, green beans, corn would all be a good start.  I don't think that's too much to ask of a toddler.  But hiding food in your high chair to make me think you've eaten it or hoarding food in your mouth only for me to find it when I brush your teeth, it's smart but sneaky.  You have to stop getting mommy's hopes up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment