Friday, April 3, 2015

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I'm loving my boys this week:

1.  J grabbed a cup, a lid and 3 straws for his milk from the cabinet.  When I asked why he had 3 straws he didn't respond but I saw that he was putting them back where they belong. My mom had put them up in a different spot while she was in town.

2. When I picked Nate up from school he asked where Gammy was. I told him she was on her way back home and he asked "Gammy gave me my room back?"

3. We were listening to the radio and a listener named Georgina called in. When Nate heard the name he asked "mom, why are they saying your name on the radio?"

4. I've been asking J about his day every day since he started school. In the beginning I got blank stares. Recently I've been able to get 1 word responses but with a lot of leading questions. But this day when I asked J  says "I went to Ms. Gardeners class". Finally we have conversation. I'm so proud! You may be thinking what's the big deal. The big deal is J's speech is delayed, primarily his comprehension. So this is huge and nice step in the right direction.

5. I tried to open a bottle of squirt and couldn't so I used the bottom of my shirt for extra grip. J looked at me shaking his head and said "nope it's not working".

No comments:

Post a Comment