Friday, October 24, 2014

5 on Friday

As always, here are 5 special reasons I'm loving my boys this week:

1.  I bought the boys a Leap Frog writing pencil, thinking they could share but what was I thinking. Anyway, since Nate was with me when I bought it he assumed it was just his so spent most of the evening playing with it with J hovering over his shoulder. So he asked J if he wanted to use it and J said yes so he gave it to him and said "here J you can play with the pencil, you have 5 minutes and then Nathan can play with leap frog pencil".

2. I asked Nate about his day and after several simple yes responses he yelled out "I did calendar today". So I asked what month it was and he replied October. Then I asked what day it was and he replied Sunday. After some back and forth Nate said it's "Monday October the twenty."

3. There was a sign out front of Nate's school for the annual fall pumpkin hunt so as we walked in I had Nate spell the first word which he did and when I asked him what it spelled he sounded out the word and finally said fall.

4. J's teacher sent home a couple of books with a note to have Justin read them to us and that he's doing really well. So I had him read to me while I made breakfast and it was so cute. He mixed up the word on when it was in but he got every other word right and pointed to each word as he read it. My baby can read!!!

5. I asked Carl to break the stem off of my pumpkin and he struggled a little at first so J says "Go daddy you can do it, you're strong, go daddy go daddy go".  After Carl broke it off J yelled "yay you did it daddy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment